- 2 cans pie filling, any flavor
- 1 can crushed pineapple (in juice), undrained
- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- (optional) shredded coconut, approx 1/2 cup
- (optional) chopped walnuts, approx 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, layer the first three ingredients in order listed.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Optional: Sprinkle top with coconut and nuts.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. Top will be golden and juices will be bubbling around the edges of the dish when done.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with ice cream or whipped topping. Store leftovers in fridge.
If you can't decide which kind of pie filling to use, get two different flavors and pour them in opposite halves of the pan. Pie filling is thick enough that the flavors will only mix slightly where they touch in the middle.