A light, cool, refreshing side for any savory main course. This recipe has been on all my family holiday menus for generations and the quantity can support a moderate group of people (5-8, depending). Great for anyone who enjoys dishes with mayonnaise.
- 2 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cans LeSeur peas, drained (young, small sweet peas; cold from fridge)
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped
- 1/2 rib celery, chopped
- 1/8 c. sweet pickle relish (see tip)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- Drain peas, put in bowl.
- Add onion, celery, egg, salt, pepper, relish, and mayonnaise.
- Stir gently so as not to mush peas.
My mom does this by taste and originally gave me 1/4 c. pickle relish, but that was too much. 1/8 c. (the amount I gave you) is too little, but if you add a Tablespoon or two more, you should have the right amount. Taste as you add until it has kick but doesn't overpower the dish.