This dish satisfies my entire family of Southerners, Northerners, food allergies, and downright picky eaters. It can feel impossible sometimes to find something everyone will enjoy, but this always pleases.
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 13 oz (375g) whole-wheat penne
- 24 oz Rinaldi's "Sweet & Tasty Tomato" Sauce
- extra-virgin olive oil, to coat
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven 450F.
- Chop vegetables. Toss with olive oil in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring every 5.
- Cook pasta until just tender, following box directions. Drain.
- Put pasta in the roasting pan with finished vegetables. Pour sauce on top. Toss until well-mixed.
- Adjust salt & pepper to taste.